As a Fortune 500 auto retailer transitioned to their next generation of technology, they grappled with a national Salesforce deployment to more than 15,000 sales consultants, as well as integrating the platform into their omni-channel approach. They wanted to create a single, seamless user experience, for any type of customer — whether that customer needed help from someone on the phone or wanted to move through the sales process without talking to anyone.
To achieve this goal, they needed Salesforce to communicate to and from the web, their master data management system and inventory systems, their document center, and SMS platforms. Also, these integrations had to be hidden and seamless to ensure a flawless experience for the customer.
- Web service APIs achieved a rich integration with their dotcom site, their legacy applications, and their emerging ecommerce stack.
- Salesforce Texting helped them gather insights into their customers and use automated texts to send appointment reminders.
- Reminders increased show rate by 9%, resulting in an estimated 20 million dollars in revenue.
- A real-time integration between Salesforce and a third-party document center empowered customers and enabled expedited, 30-minute vehicle pickup.
- A custom lead-routing engine met client business rules and connected in-store associates directly with dotcom customers.