A Fortune 500 car retailer wanted a more comprehensive view of their customer data. Their existing data was stored by each individual retail store and wasn’t easily shared companywide. To solve this problem, the company purchased a big data solution and needed to form an agile team to rapidly get the data platform off the ground and ensure that it scaled seamlessly as the project grew.
- The Results:
- New platform supports the analysis of customer behavior, enhances customer service, and improves marketing.
- Implemented and expanded the platform faster than anticipated, accelerating return on investment and quickly bringing data from additional sources into the platform.
- Set standards and cadence for new associates to learn their roles and pick up their workloads.
- Created a wide range of helpful collateral and other documentation available to the team and to the broader technology group via a wiki site.
- On schedule, the first major production release of the new data platform was carefully coordinated with other teams in the company’s agile organization, alleviating organizational dependencies and ensuring that the project advanced as planned.